Saturday 14 January 2012

Blogging beginnings

I have to admit, I never thought I'd write a blog... I also never thought I'd join the Twitterati, yet in the space of a month I've succumbed to both fads. Admittedly I was forced into the latter at work and haven't actually sent any tweets or added any followers yet, and my profile picture remains the "standard" egg, but I've been going on more and more recently,  and I can feel my egg is on the point of hatching.

As for blogging, it all started when I came across a secret blog one of my friends made and, naturally, I started posting silly messages on it, and telling anyone who would listen (including my boss who clearly didn't care...) about it's existence. Searching for a place to leave more immature hilarious comments I stumbled upon a mention of two shadowy and unnamed "friends" in one of his blog posts. On further inspection I realised one of these "friends" was none other than yours truly... And I was surprised to find that realisation sent an excited shiver down my spine... I was famous!! Well, sort of... And I thought it was about time to send out some tingles of my own.

(This was the second time I'd been a shadowy "friend" on a blog, and those of you who know me will not be surprised to find out that one mention placed me in a pub, while the other found me drinking excessively on public transport).


2 comments:

  1. Liking the blog Franklin... You'll never lose the Beacon though, seeing as you've got one on the top of your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. You're quite right... the hair is a constant reminder!!

    ReplyDelete